On the 3rd Monday of each month I post a new recipe passed to me by friend and fitness expert, Sarah Leaford, from Inside Out Health and Fitness . I always try to test the recipes prior to sharing so that I can give my honest feedback. This Month Sarah shared with me ‘Bacon and Egg Muffins’ they were incredibly easy to make and do make a delicious snack or on the go breakfast.
(Makes 16 cakes)
- 10 Eggs
- 1 Onion
- Spinach or other filling (Optional)
- Crack 10 eggs into a jug or large bowl and whisk (not loads, just enough to break yolks up).
- Chop up the onion (or whatever you want-bacon, spinach etc) and place into silicone cup cake cases (I made a huge mistake and thought we could get away with using normal cup cake cases, this makes them extremely difficult to get out after cooking!)
- Add the egg mixture to the cup cake cases
- Bake for 25 minutes at 160 degrees (temperature may vary)
The simplicity of the cakes made them so easy to bake with #WormBoy. He loved whisking the egg and pouring it into the cases. The end result my wife describes as more of a muffin shaped quiche. The flexibility of the recipe means you can also tailor to your tastes.
#Wormboy however stuck with the plain egg and bacon and appeared to like them!